Monday, November 5, 2007

Winter


Oh, no! It is coming. Scraping off my windshiled, bundling up, staticy hair, and chapped lips. Dreaded winter. There are really only two positive things that I can think of for this particular season--the anticipation of a snow day and my birthday. But really just the thought of a snow day has in fact saved me. Here's to the hours of local news watching during the early morning hours that have kept me sane. Waiting for Kalamazoo County's turn to scroll across the bottom of the screen, hoping that a commercial break does not bring it back to the "A's". Here it comes...Western Michigan University is no where to be found. Did I miss it? Oh, well. So I go back to bed--there's always tommorrow.

1 comment:

ruggermichigan3 said...

That is just what I felt when I read your poem. The days of freezing temp. and no one to be seen on campus the long Winter days bring it.