Tuesday, October 23, 2007

If I were a boy...

So many times I have wished to be the opposite sex. I think it all peaked around fourth grade: not only was I in the middle of my horribly awkawrd years but it was the same year we had to watch a sex ed tape. I remember thinking, "boys have it so much easier." I should probably mention that I was in the "awkward stages" for much longer than anyone should have to be. I developed a little early, if you know what I mean. I also had really pudgy years, acne, the whole bit. So instead of trying to do something with myself, I decided I would rather be a boy so I dressed in baggy clothes and rarely brushed my hair. I figured that since I hung out with the boys and played sports with them and they were my friends, that it was okay to not try too hard to be girlie. Well, that resulted in me just looking like the dirty kid in class :). Yeah...my mom still brings the pictures out when I have anyone over. Now, I like being a girl minus the double standards. So what if I want to make out with a different guy every night at the bar. Why isn't this cool? If I were a guy, I would be awesome.

No comments: